Monday, July 12, 2010

The FIFA World Cup 2010.... A dream come true!!!

It was in 2006 that I first went to onsite. To South Africa to be precise. It was the same year that South Africa was chosen to host the FIFA World Cup 2010. I never thought I would get to see a World Cup football match live; that too on my compay's expense :-).
And here I am now in South Africa; just for 3 weeks which align with the World Cup, writing this blog after the Finals. There was Paul the Octopus, which is making 100% accurate predictions & here was I always making the wrong predictions.
Japan vs. Paraguay, saw it live after much effort to get hold of tickets. And then the final in 3D at a local theatre. Bought an original Spain jersey dirt cheap before the Final match & Spain won. It cant get any better than this.
And I almost forgot. I got to hold the original FIFA trophy in my hands & I got myself photographed with it. (see my facebook profile) :-)
Enough of making people jealous. I will have to end this blog here.

2 comments:

Pappul said...

saala ... har global event ko pahuch jaata hai South Africa ... Nihilent sasural ban gaya hai tera ... great experience ... !! :)

Kuch Is Tarah... said...

Kamine jala sale humko.... tere ko khopche me lete hai ek din.... :)